RESIDENTIAL HANDYMANPOSTING DATE: 24/01/2019
Coughlan Homes prides itself on its uncompromising quality, innovative design, and exceptional craftsmanship. Our mission is to provide superior quality and value of service to our customers and build lasting customer and employee relationships.
We are currently looking for someone to join our residential construction team, on a full time 12 month contract, who is passionate about working in construction and who holds themselves to superior standards regarding quality and service.
- Self-Motivated, punctual and proactive
- Completes tasks with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Identify and assess construction deficiencies and perform repairs in a timely manner
- Perform various tasks inside and outside of home before, during and after Pre-Delivery Inspection.
- The nature of repairs may include but are not limited to; drywall & taping, trim work, painting, and ceramic, hardwood, and/or carpet repairs
- Meet regularly with direct supervisor to discuss completed work and work to be assigned to trades.
- Review work orders on a proactive and daily basis.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 5 years residential construction experience
- Solid understanding of residential construction principles, procedures, documents and drawings
- Experience with multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, etc
- Knowledge of various tools and equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Provide basic hand and power tools
- Current safety certifications and/or willingness to add or upgrade
Salary: Hourly rate commensurate with experience
Job Type: Contract
Besides our great company culture and working with incredible people, we offer numerous perks to our employees including on the job training for new employees, student and summer job opportunities, seasonal and part time employment and flexible work schedules.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and recruitment and selection process. Should you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Glen Cedars Greenskeeper Pickering, Ontario
- Deer Creek Marshall / Starter Ajax, Ontario
- Payroll Specialist Ajax, Ontario
- Property Labourer Ajax, Ontario